Friday, November 03, 2006

Why, why, why??

So we have entered a new phase with Teagan........the why's! I thought maybe we would skip this entirely but I was dead wrong. She use to always ask "Mom, whatchya doin'?" So, silly me, assumed this would take the place of "Why, Mom?" Everything has been why, why, why. She isn't whining or sassy when she says this, she is just curious. But I'm running out of answers and patience. I don't know why sometimes......just because.....and I hate that! Here is just one example........"Mom can we have hot dogs for lunch?"..."No, honey, we don't have any hot dogs"..."Why don't we have any?"...."Because we ran out"....."Why did we run out?"....."We ate them all and I forgot to buy more"...."Why did you forget to buy more?"........and on and on and on......So I've been trying to come up with answers that are good but maybe can't lead to another question of why. Did you know you can't do that!! She can ask why no matter what answer you give her! It is amazing!!!!

2 comments:

sixwickerts said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! The joys of preschool age children. They are SO curious. We went through the same thing with Jaden, EVERYTHING "why?" Adam not too bad. With the twins I will probably hear it in stereo.....Oh No!!! Anyway, sometimes, I'd just say "just cuz". Other times when asked why something was the way it was and I didn't know the answer, I would say, "that's just the way God made it" most of the time that would suffice!

Enger Adventures said...

It doesn't end with the pre-schooler's, sorry to say!! Daniel has always been quite inquisitive with 'why and how' and I have often times found myself lacking in things such as automotive knowledge etc. You know, the 7 am pre-coffee...Mom, how does the car engine work....Some things now require research as they just don't normally come up in everyday conversation...a recent inquiry...why isn't pluto a planet anymore mom??