Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Once again we are hitting the road for Klamath Falls. This, however, is a unique trip as we will be traveling as a family and not just me and the kids. I can't wait!! Stan has only made the trip with Teagan and Blake one time and that was last December. I'm sure he is so excited to listen to Elmo's chart topping CD and Dumbo play over and over. I can not complain too much as we do have a DVD player in our suburban. What an invention!! I always thought I would be the parent to say no to one "Kids need to enjoy the ride and the sights!" HAHAHA....I need to enjoy the ride and if that means they watch Dumbo over and over for seven hours then so be it!

We will be enjoying Thanksgiving with our family, celebrating Benny's, my nephew, 11th birthday and the best of all.....shopping!!! My mom and I have been making it an annual tradition to get up early and head to Fred Meyer's sale. It's fantastic! I usually buy lots of socks because every sock in the store is half off. It's kind of scary, I get competitive on this shopping day. I want to be there the earliest and find the best deals.....stay out of my way! I almost look at it like hunting (bird hunting)....you have to get up really early to set up and scope out the hunting ground...and when the time is right you make your move.

I was also thinking about what I am thankful for this holiday season. I realized I have an amazing life. A few of the things I am thankful for are;
an amazing husband that always works hard, loves me and our kids and is a silly guy to be around; I have two (almost three, yikes!) fantastic children. They are not only the most beautiful kids but a true joy to be around; I also have a wonderful family, a mom that is always supportive and loving and while this is the third Thanksgiving without my dad, I am so thankful for all he gave me and the unconditional love he always showed; I am thankful for God's love and forgiveness; I also have a great family of in-laws, very loving and they are a silly group to be around, a very funny brother-in-law, and two amazing sister-in-laws.

I think my list could go on and on....

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came over to your blog to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful for having known you while you were in Ketchikan. It has been amazing watching your family grow from 2 to nearly 5. I'm thankful for a loving God that still heals - my most vivid memory of you both, is Stan standing up in an evening(?) service, testifying by raising his arm above his head. What an awesome testimony of our awesome God! Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your family!

Cooke family said...

I too am thankful for my sweet, happy kids, and my Marvelous Matthew!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

I'm so thankful my crazy husband asked perfect strangers(you guys, of course) for their phone number while installing their cable! Now we have some great friends! By the way, when you get back we all need to get together now that Stan is home!

sixwickerts said...

I am thankful for a God who saw fit to save me, and not only that, but He gave me the best hubby in the world, beatiful healthy kids, parents that live next door and are totally supportive and helpful with everything, a great sister-in-law whom I adore, a brother who is a fantastic example to my boys, a warm cozy house, great friends....I too could go on forever!!

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for all the blessings God gives me every day! A wonderful daughter who is also my best friend, her great husband, their incredibly smart and beautiful children, a son who is beginning to see the light!!!(praises to God!) a chance to be a parent (again) with Sierra and Benny, and the great life I shared with the true love of my life for 36+ years. And many wonderful and supportive friends.