Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Off Again

Well, the kids and I are off again. We leave tomorrow for Klamath Falls to 1)see Stan and 2) go deer hunting. My family and friends have camped in the same meadow for nearly 40 years so this is a great tradition. When I say great I mean great as in....we dig a hole in the ground put a toilet chair over it and call it a smokehouse. We have an annual chili night where all the men have a chili cook off. It was once a challenge to see who could make the spiciest chili but now that they all (the older generation) have gotten older their systems can not handle it! So...our gear is packed, the kids are ready and I can't wait to be a redneck wife for a week! We'll have lots of great pictures when we get back. And, hopefully, Stan won't shoot my buck this year!

3 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

Sounds like a great time. Let us know next time you are heading to Klamath Falls and perhaps we can do lunch!! We are loving our new location in Grants Pass. Lastly, the kids are adorable...my how time flies!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up with your blog. Wow, great shots. Looks like you guys have a blast all the time! What exactly did you mean about putting a toilet seat over a hole and calling it a smokehouse? Does it have something to do with cooking at the BBQ? If so, why use a toilet seat? I'm looking forward to the photos!

Anonymous said...

Here I am again, having just visited the Enger blog. Since I'm not a blogger I couldn't leave a comment there, so here's the comment I tried to leave. I realize that Debra is not likely to revisit this particular page again. Angie, could you copy and paste this comment on their blog for me?
Wow, great blog! I love the action shot of Daniel and the other guy playing soccer. Can you post a photo of your home .. or is that not a good idea? OR, how about a photo of all three of you and a view of your neighborhood or something. Daniel's growing up SO fast! I'm glad he's still doing music. Have your parents come to visit yet? You should try letting Daniel do an entry on your blog. -Janet